What We Believe – Statement of Faith
1. We believe the Bible, as originally given, to be without error. It is the fully inspired and infallible word of God, and the supreme and final authority in all matters of faith and conduct. I Thessalonians 2:13, 2 Timothy 3:15-17, John 3:16.
2. We believe that there is only One True God–revealed in three persons. Father, Son, and Holy Ghost (commonly known as the Holy Trinity). Matthew 28:19, John 10:30, Ephesians 4:4-6.
3. We believe in the deity of the Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory. Matthew 1:23; John 1:1-4 and 1:29, Acts 1:11 and 2:22-24; Romans 8:34; 1 Corinthians 15:3-4; II Corinthians 5:21.
4. We believe in the justification and sanctification of the believer through the finished work of Christ.
5. We believe that all men everywhere are lost and face the judgment of God; that Jesus Christ is the only way of salvation, and that for the salvation of lost and sinful man, repentance of sin and faith in Jesus Christ results in regeneration by the Holy Spirit. John 14:6; Romans 3:23; Acts 4:12; II Corinthians 5:10-11; Ephesians 1:7; 2:8-9.
6. We believe in and practice two sacraments:
1) Water baptism by immersion after repenting of one’s sins and receiving Christ’s gift of salvation, and
(2) Holy Communion (the Lord’s Supper) as a symbolic remembrance of Christ’s suffering and death for our salvation.
7. We believe that the Gospel embraces the needs of the whole man; and that the church is therefore commissioned to preach the Gospel to the world. Matthew 28:18-20.
8. We believe in the personal, physical, and visible return of the Lord Jesus Christ to reign in power and glory.
9. We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, whose indwelling enables the Christian to live a godly life. John 3:5-8; Acts 1:8; and 4:31; Romans 8:9; 1 Corinthians 2:14.
10. We believe in the Spiritual Unity of believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that all true believers are members of His body, the Church. 1 Corinthians 12:12; Ephesians 1:22-23.
11. We believe that God created man and woman as unique biological persons made to complete each other. God instituted marriage between male and female as the foundation of the family and the basic structure of human society. Genesis 2:24, Matthew 19:5-6; Mark 10:6-9; Romans 1:26, 1 Corinthians 6:9.